Brilliant Cruelty Free Products- Perfumes, Cosmetics, Cleaning and more
If you are wondering where to buy cruelty free perfume, make up and more, this information may help. Cruelty Free Kitty have a very comprehensive online list. If, like me, you are passionate about using cruelty free cosmetics and household products you may fancy trying some of these:
Skin and hair care:
Neals Yard: The most fabulous bubble bath- seaweed and arnica is our favourite especially after a long run. It lasts for ages.
Espa- I love the pink hair mud! Many spas use the Espa range which I love as I can relax knowing that my treatment is cruelty free. See our review of The Cambridge Belfry and Bedford Lodge Spa, Newmarket here!
Or perhaps you like making your own DIY products, like this aloe vera pre-poo hair treatment?
Liz Earle: I could rave about Liz Earle products for hours- I love them all! This is my ‘go to’ brand and all of the products that I have tried have been wonderful. The ‘Superskin serum’ is excellent for sensitive skin and their classic ‘Cleanse and Polish’ is great too. Hair, body and make up products are also fantastic.
Dermaologica– A great ultra calming range. Quality skincare.
Body Shop– I love the Ginger Shampoo and conditioner which is specifically for dry scalps and the make up range is great too. Look for the great discount voucher codes online (but we aware that some of their products are exempt from the discounts).
I have recently discovered online company Cheshire Bath Boutique who hand make a gorgeous range of bubble bars and bath products. Super bubbly and they smell divine!
Arbonne products are certified by the Vegan Society. I love the body lotions and shower gels. The calm skin range is also great for sensitive skin.
Lush – For anyone old enough to remember ‘Cosmetics to Go’, the pre-runner to Lush, I have been a fan of the bubble bath bars and natural products ever since then and still LOVE the brand. Try walking past without being seduced in by your nose. Amazing bath bombs, shower gels, lotions and potions and even fragrances. Try one of the amazing Lush Spas for a real treat!
*Also Superdrug own label products have a wide range and choice – look for the cruelty free bunny on the back. Superdrug has its own toothpaste range and deodorants which are cruelty free.
Original source– scrumptious smelling shower gels.
Cruelty Free Perfume:
Finding cruelty free fragrances is more challenging. Here are some brands which do offer cruelty free perfume and aftershaves:
- Molton Brown
- Liz Earle
- Neals Yard
- Body Shop
- I am looking forward to trying Beeutiful skincare too
Some of my favourite cruelty free make up brands include:
- Bareminerals– make up that is actually good for your skin. The original foundation powder if fabulous and has an SPF 15. They also do a skincare range. Great products.
- Charlotte Tilbury – Lovely eye shadow shades. Stockists include John Lewis. See their wonderful air-brush bronzing brush and Magic Foundation here.
- e.l.f – sold at Superdrug, affordable makeup which is easily accessible.
- Barry M– for nails! Tons of shades.
- KVD Vegan Beauty- read about the KVD eyeshadow primer here
We are Riley:
We are Riley offer sustainable period care delivered to your door. Tampon, pads and more. Subscriptions available too.
There are many cruelty free brands and vegan friendly cleaning products available in supermarkets and online. Here are some easily accessible brands.
- Waitrose – own brand cleaning products are good quality and cruelty free. This includes their washing liquids, dishwasher tablets and fabric softeners.
- Aldi- awarded cruelty fee status for their household range in 2017, they have won awards for their reasonably priced dishwasher tablets.
- Ecover- a lovely range of eco-friendly products. Available on many supermarkets. The washing liquid and fabric softeners are great!
- Method- fabulous scents, I love the daily shower spray. Available in many supermarkets
- Greenscents– these organic, natural products smell amazing! Available online.
- Darceys offer fabulous candles, reed diffusers and room sprays- all are cruelty free and available online. We love the Lime herb and Mandarin.
- Also try: Co-op, M&S for cruelty free cleaning products.
For more about eco-friendly living here.