Carrot Cake for Dogs Recipe
Reasons to Celebrate:
When we have a doggy birthday to celebrate I reach for this carrot cake for dogs time and time again. My whippets love this treat and it is a proven favourite with their doggy friends . They love the texture and smell of this cake. I keep it lower in fat by not adding a frosting but do factor this into your dogs daily food allowance to maintain a healthy weight . Why not give it a try?
You will need:
- 2 grated carrots
- half of a grated apple
- 50g of oats
- 150g of wholemeal flour
- 2 large eggs
- Optional extra- cream cheese for decoration or keep it low fat without.
Patience is a virtue birthday boy!
- Preheat the oven to 180*c.
- Grease a loaf tin (or muffin tin if you would like to make muffins).
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Cook for about 30 minutes (depending on if you are making a loaf or muffins). If cooking a loaf, make sure that it is cooked through as this is quite a wet mixture.
- Allow to cool and serve.
Carrot cake for dogs:
I warn you, this isn’t the prettiest of cakes BUT the dogs tell us it tastes great and it is really easy to make. It can be cut into small pieces for treats and shared with doggy friends, so not just for birthdays perhaps! Why not get creative and add different fruit and vegetables to the recipe?
Looking for a gift for the whippet in your life?
Our other dog friendly living posts here.