Easy Recipes for Dog Cakes and Treats- Doggy Carrot Cake
Reasons to Celebrate:
When we have a doggy birthday to celebrate I reach for this easy recipes for dog cakes and treats time and time again. My dogs love this recipe and it is a proven favourite with their doggy friends . Why not give it a try?
You will need:
- 2 grated carrots
- half of a grated apple
- 50g of oats
- 150g of wholemeal flour
- 2 large eggs
- Optional extra- cream cheese for decoration or keep it low fat without.
Patience is a virtue birthday boy!
- Preheat the oven to 180*c.
- Grease a loaf tin (or muffin tin if you would like to make muffins).
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Cook for about 30 minutes (depending on if you are making a loaf or muffins). If cooking a loaf, make sure that it is cooked through as this is quite a wet mixture.
- Allow to cool and serve.
Easy Recipes for Dog Cakes and Treats:
I warn you, this isn’t the prettiest of cakes BUT the dogs tell us it tastes great and it is really easy to make. It can be cut into small pieces for treats and shared with doggy friends, so not just for birthdays perhaps! Why not get creative and add different fruit and vegetables to the recipe?
Looking for a gift for the dog in your life? Why not check out our gift guide.