Healthy Dog Treats Recipe- Pumpkin Bites
Here is an easy recipe to please your dog and use up unwanted pumpkin by making our healthy dog treats. Pumpkin is very nutritious for dogs so these pumpkin bites can be fed in moderation with health benefits. Use as a training reward or a birthday treat. My dogs love this recipe and it is a proven favourite with their doggy friends . Why not give it a try?
You will need:
- 200g of grated pumpkin (or squash)
- a small grated pear
- 50g of oats
- 150g of wholemeal flour
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180*c.
- Prepare the above listed ingredients as detailed.
- Grease a loaf tin. Use a tin that suits the purpose of you making the recipe. You can choose to make muffins or a cake shape if this is a birthday cake- use a tin of your choice that is of a similar size to loaf tin.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the tin and cook for about 30 minutes (depending on if you are making a loaf or muffins). If cooking a loaf, make sure that it is cooked through as this is quite a wet mixture. It should be firm to the touch and be golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool, cut into pieces relevant to your purpose and your dog’s size, and serve.
- *These healthy dog treats should be kept in the fridge.
Healthy Dog Treats:
Cut the pumpkin bites into very small pieces to use as frequent training rewards ,or slightly larger pieces for a one off snack to share with doggy friends. Why not get creative and add different fruit and vegetables to the recipe?
See our dog carrot cake recipe here.
Looking for a gift for the dog in your life? Why not check out our gift guide.