Vegan Mushroom Soup Recipe
This comforting and satisfying vegan mushroom soup recipe has the addition of chestnuts for texture and flavour and their health benefits. It is one of those accidently vegan recipes that will please everybody. It is easy to make too!
YOU WILL NEED:
- A blender
- 500g chestnut mushrooms
- 250g pouch of chestnuts- puree or whole (puree tends to be cheaper!)
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 large white onion finely chopped
- 1 stick of celery chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 large teaspoon of marmite
- 1 teaspoon of nutritional yeast (replace this with extra marmite if you do not have this ingredient)
- approximately 200ml-300ml unsweetened plant based milk of your choice- I used oat
- plenty of salt and pepper to taste
First, warm a little oil or fry spray in a saucepan. Cook your chopped onion in a pan for 5-10 minutes or until soft.
Next add the celery, garlic, marmite, nutritional yeast and mushrooms to the pan and cook for another 10 minutes.
Add your vegetable stock and chestnuts, bring to the boil then take off the heat and allow to cool.
Add 200ml plant based milk and, in batches if you are using a Nutribullet, blend until smooth. Add more milk if you like a thinner soup. Add plenty of pepper and salt to taste.
Heat and serve with delicious fresh bread!
We hope that you enjoy this vegan mushroom soup recipe. Another favourite of mine is a hearty sweetcorn soup. Please share your soup recipes in the comments below.
See more of our meat free recipes here.