Christmas gifts for Foodies:
If you are looking for Christmas gifts for the foodies in your life look no further. We have compiled some ideas, grouped by price, to please anyone who loves to cook and eat.
1.How about a restaurant gift voucher? The perfect way to treat someone to a world class meal or a foodie getaway. Many fabulous restaurants offer gift vouchers in denominations of £25 or £50 that can be used towards a meal- so this can be a splurge or a spend!
Our top choices include:
- 2 Michelin star Restaurant Sat Bains (vouchers from £50 – £500). This amazing restaurant in Nottingham offers a 7 or 10 course tasting menu of exciting and inventive food. See our review here.
- Nathan Outlaw in Port Isaac Cornwall also offers vouchers ranging from £50-£1000. Serving a seafood set menu which will delight.
- Restaurant 22 in Cambridge. This elegant restaurant offers seasonal a’ la carte and tasting menus. See our review here.
- Any of the other fantastic restaurants featured here
Treat a loved one to this super-versatile piece of kitchen equipment. For those who love baking and cooking, this will be endlessly. This is a splurge (prices start at £299), but it is so hard wearing and tough it is built to last. They come in a range of colours and sizes and can now be personalised! Do shop around for this item, as sometimes you can grab a less popular or discontinued colour at a lower price.
3. A cookery course is a fantastic experience for the enthusiastic home chef. There are many offered, all varying in price and length. I have my eye on the Oxfordshire based Raymond Blanc Cookery School, and also the wonderful Macaron courses and More in Norwich. For some more inspiration for these gift experiences click here.
1. Magimix ice cream maker: This simple to use but highly effective ice cream maker is the ideal gift for those with a sweet tooth. Just pick your favourite recipe or flavour and off you go. Price around £39.99.
2.A Recipe book: The gift that keeps on giving. A quality recipe book in my opinion should have a range of recipes that interest and inspire the home cook but most importantly produce delicious food. Meehna Sodha’s books are fantastic for delicious, fresh Indian food. Find some of our other favourite vegetarian and vegan books here.
3.How about a delicious food delivery? There are many wonderful producers delivering their goods (beautifully gift wrapped) to your lucky recipient. Read our round-up of top choices here.
1.Measuring spoons: A kitchen essential. These stainless steel spoons are an excellent choice. They give you a range of measurements and are easy to clean. Many different brands are available.
2.Personalised egg cup: I was shocked to find out that my wife had never had her own egg cup! I couldn’t allow this to continue so I ordered this excellent little wooden cup that can be personalised at the point of purchase. This was a few years ago and it’s still going strong.
3. Home made gifts. Making sweet treats or chutneys for your loved ones is really thoughtful. There are lots of ideas at the following links:
We love to gift our biscuit cake (pictured above. Find the recipe here.
Merry Christmas everyone and may it be filled with good food and wonderful gifts!