This simple and delicious vegetarian lasagne recipe is a filling, crowd pleasing dish for a vegetarian option or those increasing their meatless days. Make in advance for a quick, pop in the oven dinner. You will need: Serves 3 (greedy people) or 4 (smaller eaters)…
Tag: vegetarian recipe
This is a super easy, healthy, and tasty recipe which can be pimped up or down to suit the taste-buds of your audience- see the adaptations through the recipe. Best served with our homemade flatbread recipe, but can be served using shop bought flatbread too.…
This simple carrot tagine recipe is one of my favourites for a tasty, healthy, vegetarian treat.
This list looks long but its very easy I promise!
- 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (or a little more if you like it spicy!)
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoons of honey (1/2 a tablespoon more for extra flavour)
- 4 medium carrots, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 400g tin of chickpeas drained
- 1 tablespoon of rosewater
- a handful of fresh, finely chopped coriander
- lemon wedges to serve- this is optional
- season with salt to taste
- Heat the oil in your tagine (or casserole), then add the onion and garlic for a minute or so until soft.
- Add the turmeric, cumin seeds, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, honey, pepper and carrots and mix well.
- Put in enough boiling water to cover the base of the tagine (or casserole) and cover. Leave to simmer gently for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, checking there is still enough water to cover the base of the tagine (but not too much).Cover and cook gently for another 10 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
- Take off the heat, season to taste and add the rosewater and fresh coriander. Optional- Lemon wedges to garnish.
Serve with some fluffy cous-cous, plain natural yogurt, hummus and warm pitta for a delicious feast!
Use an alternative sweetener to honey to make this a vegan recipe- perhaps maple syrup?
If you liked this simple carrot tagine recipe find more carrot recipes here:
Citrus Spice’s Carrot Soup
Shohbhas Food Mazaa’s Carrot Cake with Olive Oil
Batter Up with Sujata;s Carrot Sandesh
The Mad Scientists Kitchen’s Carrot and Orange Granita
For more of our great recipes and food reviews click here.