Halloumi & Vegetable Flatbread Recipe with Tahini Dressing
This is a super easy, healthy, and tasty recipe which can be pimped up or down to suit the taste-buds of your audience- see the adaptations through the recipe. Best served with our homemade flatbread recipe, but can be served using shop bought flatbread too.
You will need:
- Your choice of vegetables- we use aubergine, courgette, mushrooms and red peppers but use what you like best!
- Halloumi- we used reduced fat halloumi here but use full fat if you please, or vegan friendly halloumi.
- Yoghurt- we used reduced fat natural yoghurt- again, use full fat or you could use soya yoghurt to make this vegan friendly.
- Salt and pepper
- couscous made with vegetable stock
- Lemon juice, Parsley and basil to serve
- Sriracha and/ or fresh chills to increase the heat!
- Cut your vegetables and cheese into nice chunky wedges as shown in photo. If you want extra flavour here you can marinade the ingredients in olive oil, oregano and garlic. The natural flavour of the vegetables with the dressing are however delicious enough to skip this.
2. Roast or griddle your vegetables and cheese to give them a tasty charred flavour.
3. While your vegetables and cheese wedges are cooking, make your couscous using the boiling vegetable stock and cover to allow it to steam.
4. Make your dressing by combining 100ml yoghurt with 1tbsp of tahini and a squeeze of lemon juice- mix to completely combine. Taste and season as suits you.
5. To serve make a bed of couscous, sprinkled with with chopped parsley and basil. Layer the vegetables on top and then the cheese. Season to taste.
6. Serve the delicious fillings in a warm flatbread, drizzled with the tahini dressing and a squeeze of Siriacha chilli sauce or freshly chopped chillis for extra heat- yum!
More of our delicious recipes here.