Easy Banana Loaf Recipe
This easy banana bread loaf recipe is super-easy, tasty and filling, and good for any time of the day. I love to have it for breakfast as I get fed up with toast and cereal and find it difficult to find healthy breakfast ideas. The pictured cake contains dates and walnuts but you can alter this to suit your taste- details below.
You will need:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 75ml sunflower oil
- 250g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 40g of raisins, walnuts or dates (or a combination of these totalling 40g)
- 1/2 tsp each of ground cardamon and cinnamon
- 1 tbsp mixed spice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180* Celsius or gas mark 4. Grease or line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Mash the bananas until they are smooth. Add the eggs gradually, then the spices, oil and vanilla until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder) then combine with the banana mixture.
- Add the raisins, dates or walnuts and mix until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf time, spread evenly and bake on the middle shelf for about 35-40 minutes, this could be slightly longer so check until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for a while, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving the easy banana loaf:
I love to heat this in the toaster then enjoy with chocolate spread! Enjoy plain, with butter or with a topping of your choice, warm or cold. We hope that you enjoy your easy banana loaf- let us know in the comments below.
More of our simple and delicious recipes here.