Easy Banana Loaf Recipe
This easy banana bread loaf recipe is super-easy, tasty and filling, and good for any time of the day. I love to have it for breakfast as I get fed up with toast and cereal and find it difficult to find healthy breakfast ideas. My weekend breakfast treat is American style pancakes with blueberries- delicious! I love fresh cakes- carrot cake and gingerbread cake being other firm favourites in our house. The pictured cake contains dates and walnuts but you can alter this to suit your taste- details below.
You will need:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 75ml sunflower oil
- 250g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 40g of raisins, walnuts or dates (or a combination of these totalling 40g)
- 1/2 tsp each of ground cardamon and cinnamon
- 1 tbsp mixed spice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180* Celsius or gas mark 4. Grease or line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Mash the bananas until they are smooth. Add the eggs gradually, then the spices, oil and vanilla until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder) then combine with the banana mixture.
- Add the raisins, dates or walnuts and mix until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf time, spread evenly and bake on the middle shelf for about 35-40 minutes, this could be slightly longer so check until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for a while, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving the easy banana loaf:
I love to heat this in the toaster then enjoy with chocolate spread! Those loving a chocolate banana bread will love this recipe. Enjoy plain, with butter or with a topping of your choice, warm or cold. We hope that you enjoy your easy banana loaf- let us know in the comments below.
More of our simple and delicious recipes here.