Easy Vegan Banana Bread Recipe
Banana bread has been one of the stars of 2021, with so many people baking their way through lockdowns. This recipe is super easy and results in a vegan banana bread. Enjoy for breakfast, afternoon tea or at any time you fancy a tasty treat. Top with your favourite vegan friendly chocolate spread!
You will need:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons of milled/ ground flaxseeds, premixed with 9 tablespoons of water- leave for 5-10 minutes
- 75ml sunflower oil
- 250g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 40g of raisins, walnuts or dates (or a combination of these totalling 40g)
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp mixed spice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180* Celsius or gas mark 4. Grease or line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Mash the bananas until they are smooth. Add the flaxseed mix gradually, then the spices, oil and vanilla until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder) then combine with the banana mixture.
- Add the raisins, dates or walnuts and mix until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf time, spread evenly and bake on the middle shelf for about 35-40 minutes, this could be slightly longer so check until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for a while, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Vegan banana bread:
We hope that you enjoy this vegan banana bread recipe. Let us know in the comments below.
More of our recipes here.