Easy Plum Crumble Recipe
This easy plum crumble recipe is so simple and tastes delicious. With the addition of Lotus biscuits, It creates a soft, sweet crumb. For those loving a crumble with a little more crunch, try adding some oats or a little more flour to the crumble mix.
You will need:
- 1 kg plums
- 75g caster sugar: 30g for cooking the plums ,and 45g for the crumble
- 100g cold butter, plus an extra knob for the plum cooking
- 150g of plain flour
- the zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g Lotus biscuits, crushed- I used a nutribullet for a fine crumb here.
- A 23cm deep, ovenproof dish
If you are eating the crumble after making, pre-heat your oven to 190oC but this can be made ahead and eaten later in the day.
Making the filling:
- Prepare your plums by halving them and removing the stone. Melt a knob of butter in a non-stick pan and add the plums, the 30g of caster sugar and the lemon zest. Make sure the sugar and zest are evenly sprinkled amongst the plums. Cook gently for 4-5 minutes, keeping some ‘bite to the fruit’ as it will be in the oven for longer later.
- Pour the plums into your deep dish and allow to cool a little while you make your crumble.
The crumble topping:
- Put the butter into a bowl with the flour and baking powder. Rub the dry ingredients into the butter using your fingers by hand, or by using an electric mixer. Then add the crushed Lotus biscuits and caster sugar to the mix and combine.
- Sprinkle the crumble mix over the plums.
- When cooking, give the dessert about 30 minutes at 190oC, or until nice and golden.
Easy plum crumble recipe:
This recipe makes a thin-medium layer of crumble. For a thicker topping use 1.5 amounts of the crumble mix, following the same method. Allow a few extra minutes cooking time also.
Serve with a good quality vanilla ice-cream.
Fore more of our recipes click here.