Chocolate Flapjack Recipe:
This chocolate and cherry flapjack recipe, like our Malteaser biscuit cake recipe, is a delicious sweet treat for chocolate lovers. It is really rich and satisfying yet so easy to make. I have added cherries to this recipe but they can be left out or replaced if unwanted.
You will need:
- 350g butter (unsalted)
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 350g sugar (made up of 175g soft brown and 175g muscovado)
- 475g oats- I used a combination of half jumbo oats and half rolled oats for extra texture
- glace cherries- about 100g, chopped into quarters
- Line a 17 x 28 cm tin or tray with greaseproof paper. Preheat oven to 140oC/ 2750F.
- In a large saucepan, on the hob, melt the syrup, butter and sugars over a low heat until combined- do not allow to boil.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and then add the oats and mix thoroughly.
- Take the pan off the heat and pour the mixture into the prepared tray.
- Press the mixture down gently to even it out.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until baked through but not bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Slice the flapjack to your own choice of size- they are quite rich so I recommend about 20.
We hope you enjoy this simple yet delicious chocolate flapjack recipe. We have more recipes to see!