Easy Asian Noodle Salad:
This tasty, satisfying and super quick and easy Asian noodle salad is my favourite summer dinner, easily made vegan friendly by using rice, soba or udon noodles. Filling yet refreshing, packed with goodness and really simple to put together. Why not serve with a delicious Asian slaw?
You will need:
- 200g noodles
- 25g fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- 25g coriander leaves finely chopped
- a pinch of ground cardamon
- 2 limes – zest of 2, juice of 1
- 50g peanuts roughly chopped
- 1 green chilli- deseeded and finely chopped (leave seeds in for a kick)
- a large ripe avocado chopped into slices (size to suit your taste)
- a bunch of asparagus tips- steamed for only a couple of minutes. Cut into 2/3 cm pieces
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cook your noodles (using packet instructions) and drain . Rinse in cold water then toss the noodles in the olive oil to stop them sticking and allow to cool.
- Prepare your dressing by mixing the cardamom, chopped basil and coriander, 3/4 of the chopped chilli, lime zest and juice, and seasoning to taste.
- In a large bowl toss the dressing through the noodles until they are evenly coated.
- Add the avocado, asparagus and 3/4 of the peanuts and gently distribute evenly thorough noodles.
- Sprinkle the nigella seeds and the remaining chopped peanuts and chilli over the salad. Serve with the remaining lime cut into wedges.
It really is that easy! Enjoy your easy Asian noodle salad.
Adapt your easy Asian noodle salad:
This recipe is easily adapted by:
- using different types of noodles,
- choose alternative seasonal green vegetables, lightly steamed and chilled, for example tenderstem broccoli or fine beans,
- add extra chilli for extra heat,
- Using different types of nuts,
- topping with, or stirring through pan seared tofu.
More of our healthy recipes here.